The links below will download four previously unpublished takes of Chopin Preludes recorded by Alfred Cortot in 1927 and 1928. The files use FLAC lossless compression. Click here to find out more about FLAC files.
- Chopin, Preludes 1-3: matrix CR2045-1 (flac file), rec. Kingsway Hall, London, 4.vi.1928, Pleyel piano (engineers A. S. Clarke, A. J. Twine, W. Vogel) [9Mb]
- Chopin, Preludes 4-6: matrix CR2046-2 (flac file) [10Mb]
- Chopin, Preludes 7-10: matrix CR2047-1 (flac file) [10Mb]
- Chopin, Preludes 11-14: matrix Cc12087-1 (flac file), rec. C Studio, Small Queen's Hall, London, 5.xii.1927 [11Mb]
Below are the officially issued 1926 recordings of the same items, for comparison:
- Chopin, Preludes 1-3: matrix Cc8168-1 (flac file), rec. London, 23.iii.1926 [8Mb]
- Chopin, Preludes 4-6: matrix Cc8157-3 (flac file), rec. London, 23.iii.1926 [10Mb]
- Chopin, Preludes 7-10: matrix Cc8158-1 (flac file), rec. London, 22 [sic].iii.1926 [10Mb]
- Chopin, Preludes 11-14: matrix Cc8170-1 (flac file), rec. London, 23.iii.1926 [11Mb]
- Stylus 0.0035". EQ (Front End): Bass(μS): flat. - Mid(μS): 636 Top(μS): 40, turnover 7. Noise reduction: Cedar DCX Declicker and CRX decrackler.
- Transfers, from discs in the King's Sound Archive, by Andrew Hallifax for CHARM at King's College London, © 2007 King's College London.
- Discographical data courtesy of Alan Kelly from his privately-published CDRs, MAT 201 and MAT 207.